What is Omega XL?
- 1 What is Omega XL?
- 1.1 Ingredients of Omega XL
- 1.2 How Omega XL actually works?
- 1.3 Benefits of using Omega XL
- 1.4 Side effects of Omega XL
- 1.5 Dosage and available forms of Omega XL?
- 1.6 Storage conditions and expiry date of Omega XL
- 1.7 What drugs can interact with Omega XL
- 1.8 Any additional information for patients using Omega XL
- 1.9 What is the cost of Omega Xl?
- 1.10 Why Omega XL is better than standard fish oil?
- 1.11 Omega XL for arthritis treatment
- 1.12 Omega XL for hypertension
- 1.13 Omega XL for cholesterol treatment
- 1.14 Omega XL for lupus treatment
- 1.15 Omega XL for lowering of health risks
- 1.16 Omega XL effects on depression
With age, the joints become weak and lead to certain painful joint disorders. To help to lower the risk of such diseases, Omega XL is formulated. This product is a natural supplement and contains a mixture of 30 healthy fatty acids including EPA and DHA, which have demonstrated to relieve joint pain that occurs due inflammation. Omega XL have claimed that it is an allergen-free product which has proven to be the best among supplements for those individuals who are sensitive to fish based products. Omega XL has 22 times the amount of Omega-3 fatty acids as that of regular fish oil.
Ingredients of Omega XL
This product is manufactured by a company named as Great Healthworks which is registered in California. The company does not offer a list of their exact ingredients or the amounts in which they are present. However, under the section of FAQs on their website, they have stated the 3 main ingredients of Omega XL. These ingredients are:
- Perna Caniculus PC SO-524 oatented oil extract: this is a non-polar lipid which is extracted from Green Lipped Mussel (native to New Zealand). According to studies conducted, this has higher fatty acid content and potentially has a greater anti-inflammatory activity as compared to the regular fish oil.
- Vitamin E: this is an important vitamin which is required by the body to fight off free radical in turn producing healthy normal red blood cells. Only a small quantity of this vitamin is used in the formulation as the excess can cause an increased bleeding risk and also interact with blood thinning agents.
- Monounsaturated olive oil: this oil has been believed to act as an anti-oxidant and also make available the nutrients which help in developing and preserving the body’s cells. One more contributing effect of these monounsaturated fats is their ability to cut down the levels of LDL in blood ultimately decreasing the risk of stroke and heart diseases.
How Omega XL actually works?
The compound Perna Caniculus is actually composed of a variety of fatty acids which work together and mitigate pain and lessen the inflammation by acting on the Lipoxygenase (LOX) and cycloxygenase (COX) pathways. Simultaneously, a more complex process takes place within the body in which the monounsaturated fatty acids compete with arachadonic acid for entering into the pathways.
Benefits of using Omega XL
Omega XL has not only been useful for the joint disorder but also has confirmed many other benefits such as:
- Lowering of Blood Pressure: According to the reports, Omega-3 fatty acid helps to lower the blood pressure by widening the arterial openings. This causes a better circulation of blood within body.
- Lupus Help: According to the studies conducted by University of Maryland, the fish oil diminishes the symptoms of Lupus such as tiredness and joint-related pain. Lupus is actually a disease which involves the nervous system and joints.
- Depression Treatment: it has been demonstrated that the Omega-3 fatty acids can lessen the mental depression and brings out a positive effect when added to antidepressant therapy.
- Reduces the health risks: Certain diseases such as cancer, heart attack, arthritis and stroke have a low occurrence rate from the usage of these Omega-3 fatty acids.
Side effects of Omega XL
Although Omega XL is formulated as a combination of natural ethyl esters, it still have shown some unwanted effects which are
- Gastric Upset: This product has caused abdominal bloating and gas. This has a greater chance to occur when initiating with larger doses. Belching may also be experienced which occasionally is accompanied with a fishy taste. This can be avoided by freezing the fish oil products before use.
- Increased Bleeding: the greater the intake of Omega-3 fatty acids the more chances of bleeding occurs. Nose bleed and bruises on skin are most commonly seen.
- Shellfish Allergy: Even though the company claimed that the product is allergen free but still typical features of an allergic reaction are seen such as a skin rash. More serious symptoms include difficulty in breathing majorly because of swelling of the throat.
Dosage and available forms of Omega XL?
Omega XL is available is soft-gel caps which is small in size, thus, easy to swallow.
The recommended dosage is four soft gel capsules a day for the first month. For the maintenance dose, it is suggested to reduce it to two capsules per day. This can be administered either at a single time or at two different meal timings, i.e. morning and evening. Take with a lot of water. The total amount should not exceed 3g per day.
Storage conditions and expiry date of Omega XL
It is recommended to keep Omega XL at or slightly below room temperature and away from direct sunlight. The humidity level should be kept to minimum.
According to the stability studies and other tests carried out by the manufacturer, the best quality is maintained during a time period of two years from the date of manufacture. After the expiry date, the soft gel capsules harden up and start to break.
What drugs can interact with Omega XL
Omega XL although is a safe potent supplement formulation but the ingredients used interact with certain agents. Some of these are listed below.
- Blood thinners: Omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA have increased the effect of drugs such as aspirin, warfarin and clopedigrel.
- Blood sugar lowering agents: higher fasting blood sugar levels are seen when these supplements are administered. Caution must be taken with glipizide, glyburide, metformin and insulin.
- Cyclosporine: the concomitant use of Omega-3 fatty acids and cyclosporine in a transplant patient has greatly reduced the risk of toxic side effects such as kidney damage.
Any additional information for patients using Omega XL
For patients suffering from dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) or dyspnea (difficulty in breathing), it is suggested to puncture the soft gelatin capsule by using a sterilized pin and pressing the oil into any liquid, apple sauce, yogurt or even in any dessert such as pudding. This method of administration will not compromise the efficacy of Omega XL.
What is the cost of Omega Xl?
According to the Wallmart, the price of 60 soft gel capsules is about 7oUSD.
Why Omega XL is better than standard fish oil?
Unlike various fish oils, Omega XL clearly identifies its source of origin. Omega XL is sourced from the Green Lipped Mussel from the pristine waters of New Zealand, recognized to be among the cleanest waters on Earth. Omega XL has been studied for a long time and has over 30 years of research behind it and boasts over 30 clinical studies on our omega- 3 fatty acid complex.
In comparison to standard 1000 mg fish capsules, Omega XL offers following benefits:
- Omega XL gel caps are smaller and easier to swallow regular fish oil capsules
- Omega XL gel caps are more potent than regular fish oil capsules
- Ther is no fishy aftertaste during Omegla XL use
- Omega XL has single source of origin, produced from the pristine waters of New Zealand
- Omega XL are safe and effective with 30 plus years of research and ccience on patented oil complex
- Ingredients are delivered from freshly harvested Green-Lipped Mussels
Omega XL for arthritis treatment
Studies suggested that omega-3 fatty acids such as those contained in Omega XL play a key role in boosting your body to increase its level of calcium that helps protect and strengthen your bones. Additionally, other studies showed that the lack of omega-3 fatty acids in your body can lead to decreased bone density.
Omega XL for hypertension
Omega-3 fatty acids supplements of the Omega XL may help in lowering blood pressure. The fish oil helps to decrease the cholesterol levels the blood, which also widens the arterial openings allowing for better circulation of blood.
Omega XL for cholesterol treatment
The appropriate combination of omega 3-fatty acids in Omega XL may reduce your cholesterol and prevents heart disease. Omega-3 fatty acids may also decrease the risks of a heart attack or stroke because they help keep your arteries clear of blockages. Trygliceride levels can be also reduced.
Omega XL for lupus treatment
The University of Maryland Medical Center concludes per studies that fish oil may decrease lupus symptoms such as tiredness and joint-related pain. Lupus is a disease involving your nervous system and joints that causes severe pain.
Omega XL for lowering of health risks
Lowered risks of arthritis, heart disease and cancer have been related to the consumption of omega-3 fatty acids.
Omega XL effects on depression
The University of Maryland Medical Center reports that studies indicate that omega-3 fatty acids can help alleviate mental depression and or mental illnesses. Omega-3 fatty acids added to antidepressant therapy have proven to have a positive effect on the symptoms of depression, the organization indicates.